A few months ago, I, unfortunately, brok my leg. Although my son and I would have wild rides on the electronic scooters at grocery stores and Target, I realized that my bi weekly trips to the grocery store could be substituted with meal kits. We were back on the Blue Apron kick. For those who can’t cook or don’t have the time to go to the grocery store, I highly recommend.
But the recipes got stale, and my leg got better so we were back on the grocery store circuit grabbing recipes from the web.
Chances are you have never heard of Matty Matheson.
Here are a few reasons why he totally kicks ass.
- My first instance of Matty Matheson was watching him make pancakes – see left.
- Matty Matheson has a show on Viceland called “Dead Set on Life” and it’s fucking awesome.
- He survived a heart attack and was given a second chance at life.
- His mentor is Chef Rang and he’s great
- He’s an all around genuine dude who appreciates food and the people he meets.
And now he partnered with Munchies to create meal kits.
And I tried it, it was awesome.
When the news hit the fan that Matty was doing Munchie’s meal kits, I was probably the first person to order it. Here’s what I loved about it:
- I wasn’t tied into a subsciption service! I could order what I wanted one time.
- The quality of the ingredients were insanely impressive
- The directions were clear
- My son loved the meal — and that was the most important!
- Leave a comment to make suggestions on what to make next!
And, omg - check out this steak sammy and tomato salad. Yep.
I really hope this is successful for such a hardworking and talented person. While I’m waiting for the next round of meals, I’ll be tuning into Dead Set on Life on Viceland – get involved. I really hope this is successful for such a hardworking and talented person. While I’m waiting for the next round of meals, I’ll be tuning into Dead Set on Life on Viceland – get involved.